ENGLEWOOD, Colo., December 18, 2023— Kodiak Building Partners, a premier distributor of building materials and construction products, recently brought in $500,000 for its foundation through its first annual charitable golf tournament. The event brought together golf enthusiasts, philanthropists and industry leaders for the largest philanthropic effort organized by the Kodiak Building Partners Foundation, which was established as a 501(c)(3) organization to help families and children in need.
“We are grateful for everyone who participated in our first annual charity golf tournament and humbled by the collective force of generosity that enables the Kodiak Foundation to give back and enrich the communities we do business in,” said Chief Executive Officer of Kodiak Building Partners Steve Swinney. “The success of this event underscores the real-world impact we can achieve when communities and businesses join hands for a common cause.”
Kodiak will contribute funds raised to the following organizations:
- Project Hood: A non-profit organization committed to community development, economic empowerment, and social justice in Chicago.
- St. Jude Dream Chicago: A regional initiative of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, focused on fundraising and awareness in the Chicago area to support the fight against childhood cancer.
- TLC Learning Center: Dedicated to providing education and therapeutic services for individuals with developmental disabilities and their families in Colorado.
- Caruso Foundation: A charitable organization in Colorado supporting various community needs, including education, healthcare and disaster relief.
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital in Texas: A world-renowned research and treatment center focused on pediatric catastrophic diseases.
The board of directors that oversees the Kodiak Foundation underwent an exhaustive selection process to distribute funds in the most meaningful capacity. The goal of the foundation is to ensure that the maximum number of children and families will benefit from the tournament’s proceeds. To date, this includes distributions to a number of organizations in communities where Kodiak and its operating partners are located. Kodiak’s foundation will continue to vet opportunities to make a difference through philanthropic donations as it looks to build on the success of this year’s charity golf tournament with similar events in the future.
President of the Kodiak Building Partners Foundation Jeff Jones added, “By contributing to organizations like Project Hood, TLC Learning Center, Caruso Foundation, and St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, we’re not just writing checks—we’re actively shaping positive change in the lives of those who need it most. This is not just charity—it’s a testament to our shared values and a step towards a future where the Kodiak Foundation’s impact grows even more profound.”
For additional information about the Kodiak Foundation and its charitable initiatives, please visit the foundation webpage at www.kodiakbp.com/foundation.
About Kodiak Building Partners
Founded in 2011, Kodiak Building Partners is a leading acquisition firm specializing in acquiring and supporting locally owned and operated building materials companies. With a strong focus on operational excellence, decentralization, and continual improvement, Kodiak empowers these businesses to succeed in the communities they serve. Kodiak’s operation employs thousands of people across the country to serve general contractors, homebuilders, sub-contractors, remodelers and consumers.
For more information about Kodiak, please visit www.kodiakbp.com.