Albeni Falls Building Supply was founded in Oldtown, ID in 1948 as Diamond International Lumber to distribute quality lumber with superior customer service to the northern Idaho and eastern Washington communities. The company has since expanded their products, services, and reach to provide lumber, engineered wood, tools, hardware, paint and stain and more to area builders, contractors, and homeowners.
In the late 1980’s, Harold Ockert purchased the location and renamed it Albeni Falls Building Supply, and later sold the store to David and Susan Melbourn in 1990. As the community continued to grow during the 1990’s, David and Susan recognized the potential and need for more services to supply the growing construction in the area, prompting them to build a new location in 1995. 32 years later, Albeni Falls has become a staple of the community and employs over 40 people with over 30,000 square feet of space.